Friday, April 4, 2008

The old Changi Theater and Bedok Cinema demolished


I was taking the train back home when I saw a building being demolished next to the construction of new HDB flats. Yes, the old Changi Theater andBedok Cinema is demolished. I am not too sure if they are going to make a new theater, but seeing the old buildings really brings back memories.

I remember when I was a kid, I watched 'The Land Before Time' movie in that theater. It was a beautiful cartoon about a little dinosaur's journey with his friends who were separated from their family and had to make a dangerous journey to the Great Valley. Not forgetting also, I watched 'Independence Day' with my band mates, there were like over ten of us. A whole group of guys in red uniform and green pants literally occupying a whole row of seats! The buildings also were facing the MRT track so we can actually see what movies are being screened from the large posters/billboards.

Once I was screened by a group of police over there (No, I didn't do anything wrong, it was just random screening). Aaahh.. the memories. Haha! Now I wonder if they are going to make a new cinema/theater over it. Any of you have any idea what's the future plans for that area?

5 comments:

project_00 said...


A new mall
is being built there :)

Fitness | Design Jurulatih said...

A new mall? Is it going to have a cinema?

project_00 said...

No idea abt that...don't think there's any news abt who the tenants are

Fitness | Design Jurulatih said...

Oh ok, well I hope it has a cinema. Haha. thanks man!

the eclectic reviewer said...

I remember those cinemas! Are those photographs yours? Do you have other photographs of the four old cinemas in Bedok?