Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My home internet is DOWN!

What a bummer. The telecom guys came over to my house to fix my telephone line, which they did. But I didn't realise it affected my broadband line somehow. I was up yesterday night trying to rectify it but I couldn't get a proper signing in connection.

I called up today afternoon to SingNet to hopefully get them to fix it for me. After a long wait on the phone, I was given a technical help number. I called them up, only to wait again after being prompt to select a number on which kind of assistance I am inquiring on.

Anyway, after a long wait, a lady answered. Not to say she didn't help, she did try. She gave me the relevant steps to check that my connection is ok. Apparently it is, but somehow I am unable to connect. Everything is ok, just that the DSL led light keeps blinking which means something is wrong with the DSL line. I am not too sure how the DSL line works but I am just wondering if the Telecom guys did something to my DSL line.

Anyhow, the lady said she will send someone over but because the week is booked, she can only get someone over on Sunday afternoon. That's 4 days away. ARghh! I tried sounding that I was fine with it, but inside I was burning because I need my internet!

Now I am at BK using the wireless surf zone. At the same time I am searching online for any thing that can help me rectify this problem asap. Man this sucks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh well, at least you can still use wireless so not too bad lah...
lol

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

That's reaaallyyyy bad....

Malique said...

i had problems with the same isp too. it was 3 years ago, a total of 6 linesman came and they can't figure out the problem.


a few months back, i unwillingly subscribed to the same isp, and experience random disconnections thruout the day. bah humbug!

Fitness | Design Jurulatih said...

Really? So what ISP are you using now Malique? Is it better ? If this persists I might have to change ISP.