Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My $2.80 breakfast

I woke early, as usual, to prep myself for a run in the morning. Usually I would just head down to the nearest coffee shop to buy some food for myself. But today I tried something different. I headed down to Ah Mei Cafe (one of Banquet's establishments) to have myself some breakfast. They have a few breakfast set which I think it is pretty much a good deal. I chose the set which has more variety. Set A I think.

It had 2 half-boiled eggs, 2 kaya toast with butter and your choice of drink. I got myself teh(milk tea).

Well there's the kaya and the butter sticks. The bread toasts was not that hot though, so the butter didn't really melt. But the bread was crispy and the kaya was just nice. :)


The half-boiled eggs were pretty good. It was 'half-boiled' correctly. Actually this is a no brainer, I used to half-boil eggs when I was a kid, so if they messed this up, it would really be kinda silly.

So there's my breakfast. Complimented with a cool weather and a nice breeze. It really made my day.

And this pigeon kept me company. This little bird was brave enough to actually come near me and walk under my chair. It was just walking around, waiting for me to drop some crumbs on the floor. This kind of thing was unheard of a decade ago. But I guess they know most people won't bother catching them as a pet or probably as food.

No comments: