Thursday, September 25, 2008

T-Mobile G1 Android Phone : An ugly phone with potential



I like the way how you can customize the way you unlock your phone. I like the keyboard slide, very helpful when you want to write a long email or text document. I like the buttons, the functionality, the ability to add widgets, shortcuts. I also like how it moves to landscape mode when you tilt your phone horizontally. I like the touchscreen too!

I just do not like the look of it. Unlike the Iphone where I would go "Ooo.... Aaahhh!" with my eyes and mouth wide open. It took me a while to appreciate how good this phone really is.

It looks pretty much simplistic even though it has so many buttons. And it has interesting shortcuts for you to access certain functions in your phone.

I think there are other specs that it lacks but I have yet to find out what they are. With so many news on the net about this product, it gets pretty confusing. I will update accordingly when I have found the right info about this product.




Specs:

Networks - GSM/GPRS (without EDGE) Chipset - TI OMAP 1710 216 MHz CPU and 64 MB of memory Display – 2.5” 320x240 pixels touchscreen 2-megapixel camera Wi-Fi 802.11g Built-in SIP VOIP-client Opera browser Widgets (i.e. weather forecast of share rating)

No comments: